Saturday, December 11, 2010

Friday, December 10th

Thursday night was a good night for our family to regroup.  Mike came home before dark, and we did have a family meal together.  With no swimming practice, everyone enjoyed some down time.

Friday morning we had breakfast together and got in a prayer before the boys left for school.

Sam and I have coffee together almost every morning before she goes to work.
(The kids start school at 8am and she has to be at work by 9)
So, she stops by on her way and we chat about anything and everything from Navy life on Guam to kids to our grandmothers. 

I had 101 errands to run on Friday, most of which I won't bore you with.
But I will say, that I turned in our foster care paperwork.
I didn't talk to anyone about the process.
Just handed it over to a clerk.
It was a little bit of a let-down. (not sure what I was expecting really)
but I am happy that it's turned in and the process is beginning.

Friday after school we met some CEC friends at the pool for a quick one hour play date and then hurried home to get ready for Mike's work Christmas party.  The boys had fun playing at friends while we dressed up a bit and had a nice night out.  Zion even spent the night at the Gillams, which he thought was great fun.  He declared himself, "Zion Gillam" after Sam said that she didn't have any sons and so he could just live with them.  (I seriously think he would go)

No comments:

Post a Comment