Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December 1st, 2010

I wish I could say that the first day of December brought the winds of change and everyone has a cheery heart as the season of Jesus birth is celebrated.

But since that's not really true,  I found myself trying to think of the little things that made this day.........

........well,

............blog-able.

Mike was home this morning.

That's a plus. (*he is usually out in the mornings at PT)

He has a much better skill level at getting Isaac up on the "right" side of the bed than I do. 

So, Isaac being up in a timely fashion AND in a good mood is something I will take as a good start to the day.

Additionally,  somehow, everyone was at a similar level of "school readiness" in time to sit down together for breakfast, including Mike, and we prayed together.  I am sad to admit, that hasn't happened at breakfast on a school morning in quite sometime.  

No one missed the bus.

Everyone got their homework done in time for church,

and everyone is in bed with clean bodies and fully bellies.

It seems like a regular day, but I know the world is full of children going to sleep with no warm, cozy bed and with hungry bellies. 

I am thankful for regular days, with no worries about food and shelter. 

I am thankful for healthy children. 

It was a good day.

Isaac and Zion at breakfast (clearly, BEFORE Zion brushed his hair)

No comments:

Post a Comment