Sunday, December 5, 2010

December 5th

The morning started early with the SEC Championship game coming on at 7am.

The Sunday morning Auburn games are something to get used to. 

Of course, they come on Saturday in the states, but what can you do with time change?

We left home at half-time for church, with a promise from my brother Derrick that he would text me scores.
(I promise, I didn't actually CHECK it during church, but won't say that I wasn't tempted)

By the time we got to church, the 3rd quarter had started and Auburn had scored again, so I felt pretty good about the game.

It was the first Sunday at church with Christmas decorations.  I would love to show you pictures, but you will have to wait for the ones that Sam took, because I didn't take a single one. 

I joked about it in a previous post, but really, seeing Christmas decorations really does make me feel happy.  I just love it!

Church was good and I am happy to say that Isaac has a friend at church that is also in his class at school. 
His name is Matthew and they invited Isaac to lunch and a movie after church.  Isaac has been having a rough few days emotionally, so this did my heart good.

The other boys played video games(again), while Mike worked on his class (again) and I took a nap (again).

When Isaac got home from the movies, we loaded up and went to the new pool on base.  It has been open just a week, and it is a REALLY nice pool.  (I'll have to remember to write the public works officer a note of thanks on a job well done.......)  The Gillams met us there and the kids had a good time playing.  Again, Sam was the one with the camera, so lucky for me, we are doing our December Daily stuff together........so I can steal photos.

Some people here in Guam are annoyed that it's hot for Christmas........but I am looking at my glass half-full and thankful that I can take my kids to the pool on December 5th.  Not many people can say that!

Last but not least, for those who live on another planet, Auburn did win the SEC Championship game against South Carolina and will face the Oregon Ducks in the National Title game on January 10th.  Mike and I have already figured out the time change and it will come on at 11:30am on a Tuesday morning the 11th here.  (He is thinking about taking the day off work)

No comments:

Post a Comment