Wednesday, December 21, 2011

December 21th

WTH?
(*heck!)

It's December 21st??

I missed yesterday - I mean, I was around, but didn't blog Tuesday.

I really do love the idea of December Daily.
I am a scrapbooker -
and I love Christmas

So I love the idea of remembering the details of the month -
But Ali Edwards has a few things I don't have.

1)  She gets paid to scrapbook her life
2)  I think she must have a maid or a nanny or something
          (*who can take photos,
            organize them into a scrapbook page idea in your head,
            print them, scrapbook them
            and have all the supplies on hand after your kids go to bed every night?)

The answer is NOT me - but Ali Edwards.

ANYWAY.....If you like to scrapbook, she does have great ideas and you can click on the
words "December Daily" and hop right over to her page and see how cool she is.

OH AND....
number 3 -  CLEARLY, her life is more exciting than mine.

On December 21st I worked on Christmas cards until 11pm and only got to "M".
Do we really need pictures of that?

How many days have I been saying that I have 101 things to do?

I still feel that way.

But I know that Christmas will come and everything will be perfect and peaceful
even if the list in my head doesn't get completed.  And for those of you hoping to
see the Thornton Christmas card in your mailbox....don't give up hope.
I'm shoot for Three Kings Day at this point.

SO....let's move on to Wednesday,
shall we??

Guess who was the guest reader at the Navy Base Library story time?






Isn't that the cutest thing?

The boys were THRILLED forced to go and hear their dad read to little kids.
In their defense, it would have been a lot more COOL if he would have been invited
to do this like.....6 years ago!

This is what they did instead.
< -------






You forget what funny things little kids say
and do when you are reading to them.

(*one little kid shouted out, "You can't say GOD!")

But we will be reminded soon -


We are getting two little girls (sisters) on Friday that are six and seven.   They are actually younger sisters of our foster son that we had from April to August.  It's such a long and complicated story.  But I am looking forward to having a big, happy, family Christmas with lots of toys and laughter!!

I know I said this before...

but doesn't every child deserve a home for Christmas?

1 comment:

  1. Amazing and inspiring as always Melda! This Ali Edwads person has got nothing on you.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete