Friday, December 16, 2011

December 16th

Last day of school -

Still 101 things to do.

(did I say that yesterday?)

Oh yeah,  I did -  because -

you know, I have ADD -

not kidding - I'm certain of it.

I have 101 things started and always move to the next thing before finishing the first.

If you don't believe me - stop on by.

ANYWAY....

I had some craft projects that I wanted to do for Christmas -

It started with this idea.....  (*click here)

but I decided I wanted to use music instead of book pages.

So .....I copied Christmas music from a hymnal.

Then I decided to do THIS instead.

First attempt:




Here's my thoughts if you are going to do this.

Get high-quality copy paper.

The paper was too flimsy and I had trouble
working with it.

Also, I had this powder stuff that you mix with
modge podge to give it color.....

not sure I love it.

(that's the grey/blue color you see on the pages)







Second attempt:
I decided to alternate scrapbook paper with the music pages.

OH - wait,
forgot to say that I used a circle punch for the flower petals
(*Creative Memories)
and a canning lid for the backing (a dozen for $1.30)
and Tim Holtz distress ink


getting better.....


Third attempt:
I like this one the best -
except for - when I attached the ribbon
on the back - I didn't look at the front
and so the words on the music are up-side-down
That's gonna bug me....




That's what I did today between baby bottles / diapers / laundry and dishes!

Now....to clean up the mess I made.  


sigh..........











































No comments:

Post a Comment