Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas 2003

Christmas 2003

First, I back up to last year and offer my deepest apologies for not including a photo. (Several of you mentioned that you were neglected). The truth is, however, that after SEVERAL attempts at a decent photo, I gave up. The boys would NOT sit still for love or money (or even candy.) So the cards were mailed without a photo to all 130 folks on our Christmas list!

I also need to say THANK YOU, THANK YOU to my sister-in-law Michelle who showed me how to use my computer address book and print the labels for all our Christmas cards. It has been SOOOO helpful in keeping up with military friends (and family) all over the world.

We have relocated to Panama City Beach Florida. Our new address is: 422 Osprey Lane, Panama City, FL 32407, Phone 850-276-3378. Email remains: MikenMelda@aol.com

Mike is working here as the Public Works Officer and the Officer in Charge of Construction. (also known in the Navy as the “PWO/OICC”) We are very thankful to have him home after a 5 month deployment to Iraq. Our hearts and prayers are with all our military families during this time.

Michael is in first grade and doing well. Reading and adding and telling time. He continues to be a great big brother and a good helper for me around the house. He loves to vacuum and dust……is that amazing or what?
Isaac will be 4 in January. He goes to preschool 3 mornings a week and continues to be our “social butterfly”. He is a funny guy and never leaves things boring or dull around here.
Zion turned 2 in August and tries to do everything his brothers do. He can ride a bike (with training wheels) and is getting the hang of wearing underwear. Everything is “me do it”.

As I reflect on the Christmas story, I am drawn to the shepherds. Can you imagine? (my personal paraphrase) “Here we go again, out to tend the sheep. Another day, another dollar, another night to sleep on the ground and heat our beanie weenies over a camp fire.”
And then, the sky fills with singing angels, “A King has been born!” WOW! What a change in pace!
My goal is to live each day expecting something amazing to happen. God uses everyday people to do amazing things. And you never know when it’s going happen. You might even be witness to a miracle. I am in charge of three miracles everyday. Something spectacular is happening in their lives as they grow. I just have to be looking. I am thankful for such a privilege.


Lots of love to you all,
from the Thornton Family

No comments:

Post a Comment